View Single Post
Old 04-11-2024, 05:07 AM   #100
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GabyKeepsMeWarm View Post
Never been to Slaps, Harp or several other bbq joints I’ve seen mentioned here.

Serious question: what sets these others apart? I love Joe’s. I’ve never been disappointed with Jack Stack, and other places have been more hit and miss, though I wouldn’t go so far as to call them garbage.

Already done the P&L thing. Would like to find a good spot or two that have enough seating, isn’t stupid loud with awful music or obnoxious people where we can just drink, chill, maybe grab some bar bites and play some pool, darts, etc…
I don't suggest Harp because I dislike Joe's. I love joes and I'll put a good Zman with fries up against just about any lunch in the world. But....if I'm wanting a BBQ plate and concerned primarily with just the meats and not so much the sides, Harp is where its at for me. The brisket is Texas style, so cut much thicker with better bark than you get somewhere like Joes or even Slaps, which is my second favorite. The ribs are top notch and again more TX style as well. And his sausage is $$$. Rotates around few different combos but he does a blueberry and white cheddar sausage that is better than sex.

Another option I haven't seen thrown around would be Char Bar. It's in the Westport area and would kill two birds with one stone. I'll admit to only eating there a few times but the Q was solid and they have an entire outdoor adult playground area with picnic tables, cornhole, washers, bocce ball , etc. Would be a fun place to spend an afternoon before catching a game.
blake5676 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelliblake5676 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelliblake5676 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelliblake5676 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelliblake5676 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelliblake5676 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelliblake5676 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelliblake5676 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelliblake5676 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelliblake5676 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelliblake5676 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote