Thread: Chiefs Thoughts the day after
View Single Post
Old 09-21-2021, 04:58 PM   #325
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain Man View Post
I think the reason that I felt bad about this loss is that I didn't really think we'd ever lose again.
See, I knew we were going to lose again. I know we probably have exponentially more devastating moments ahead of in coming years. No one stays 100% healthy, no one plays mistake-free forever, no one plays under the market value forever, etc.

What is bad about this loss is huge swathes of key parts of the franchise played way below professional expectations, in a manner that doesn't appear to be one-off mental mistakes or just getting caught on low-effort days. Performing well-below professional expectations in ways that will persist until fundamental changes are installed, whether it's scheme or personnel.

It's like the difference; . . . say you have a beautiful new Lambo, and you take it out the strip and track. You thrash it, . . . and instead of it being slightly out of tune, or instead of you missing the apex on a couple turns, . . . you realize that the engine is fine and the tune is fine, and the body is beautiful, but the transmission and suspension has you getting outrun and lapped by Camrys and Altimas.

It's not the loss itself, it's the enormity of the work evident to correct the imperfections.

Last edited by Baby Lee; 09-21-2021 at 05:05 PM..
Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.