Thread: Home and Auto The Motorcycle Discussion Thread
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2015, 08:54 AM   #1630
Ride on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayze View Post
I'd say anything 1100 and above would be good for two-up riding. hell, even the 900 cc Vulcan line. One thing you'll want to factor in with your purchase costs is if you'll need to upgrade the rear suspension. Most factory shocks leave a lot to be desired simply riding solo; 2 up can max them out. Obviously, the bigger the motor, the more likely it'll be to have a 6th gear.

in terms of 'which' metric cruiser in a particular class, I think you're pretty much good to go on any of them. the market share is so extremely tight between the manufacturers, none of them can afford to put out a sub-par product. but if you're set on shaft drive, it pretty much narrows down the field. Are you looking for air cooled, or liquid?

I owned a Vstar 650 for 3 years, and never had a single issue with it.
I've been riding an 85 VV700 (the precursor to that Vstar you just mentioned) and I love it. Won't be getting rid of it till my nephew turns 18. I am just ready for something bigger and most definitely something newer. I'm not dead set on shaft drive, but if it comes down to two bikes, it could be the deciding factor. Should be pulling the trigger in the next month or two so I'll post pics when it happens.
kcfanXIII Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.kcfanXIII Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.kcfanXIII Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.kcfanXIII Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.kcfanXIII Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.kcfanXIII Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.kcfanXIII Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.kcfanXIII Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.kcfanXIII Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.kcfanXIII Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.kcfanXIII Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.