Thread: Food and Drink Any Bourbon drinkers out there?
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2013, 02:22 AM   #157
Certified Bourbon taster

Mr. Van Winkle released some really old rye a about 10 years ago, before he merged with the Sazerac group (New Orleans and Kentucky). That Van Winkle 16 yr old rye is the best stuff for making a Sazerac I've ever found. Most of the time I just use Old Overholt - it's cheap but 'mild' tasting and plenty tasty enough once you 'flavor it up' making a Sazerac or a rye Manhattan. Wild Turkey 101 rye is very nice, too. Been around a long time. A lot of the other current 'hot' rye whiskey - I'll take a pass for now. It's trendy, it's all coming from the same distillery over in Indiana, slapping on different labels and charging what the market will bear. The market can bear elsewhere w/my wallet involved.
BigOlChiefsfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigOlChiefsfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigOlChiefsfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigOlChiefsfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigOlChiefsfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigOlChiefsfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigOlChiefsfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigOlChiefsfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigOlChiefsfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigOlChiefsfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigOlChiefsfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.