Thread: Movies and TV *The NEW Movies Thread*
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2020, 11:46 PM   #3314
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mennonite View Post
mother! (2017)

An allegory apparently. It's one of those movies you watch to see wtf is actually going on and then when you get to the end you still don't have a ****ing clue.

I thought it was an ineffectual allegory about a struggling writer juggling a conflicting group of characters in an imaginary home. Actually it's an ineffectual allegory that "depicts the rape and torment of Mother Earth ... I (Jennifer Lawrence) represent Mother Earth; Javier, whose character is a poet, represents a form of God"
Ah yes, this is a good ol' Darren Aronofsky film that left me quite shook when I saw it in theaters. The 3rd act is so batshit insane that I went with it. Wild film.
sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.