Thread: Movies and TV *The NEW Movies Thread*
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2020, 10:11 AM   #3305
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepPurple View Post
I've been wanting to see Sisters Brothers. Netflix doesn't have it and it's has not played on any of the premium channels I have, HBO, showtime etc.
It's an odd movie. It feels sort of like you have an extremely quirky script and the actors play it in a more straightforward way than it needs to be or just the opposite where you have a serious script and the actors play it in a quirky manner. I don't know. I like more traditional westerners so it didn't really work for me, and it wasn't strange enough to become a fun "weird" western tale.

There are some talented actors in it, but their performances seem a little stilted. The fight scenes aren't filmed in a very interesting manner either. Maybe the fault lies with the direction?

There is some very nice scenery however. And you get a surprise appearance by Carol Kane at the end.
Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.