Thread: Chiefs Frank Clark ****ing sucks
View Single Post
Old 09-16-2019, 07:43 AM   #108
Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Meck View Post
There's a lot more to playing defensive end than sack stats. He does all of it well, and the sacks will come. Right now, the first two weeks opposing offenses have game-planned to keep him off their QB. Jax kept a chipper in and got the ball out quick. Oakland played a lot of two TE sets.

That's fine, it means Jones and Okafor/Ogbah/Kpass get opportunities.

He's been excellent against the run, snuffed out screens, and is still pushing the pocket. The numbers will come.

Ford, on the other hand, either beat the LT at the snap or did nothing. He was subpar against the run, and had no real instincts as far as the complete game. He's not a physical player, he relied on speed and beat you at the snap or got stonewalled.

If you can't see the difference, I don't know what to tell you except that you clearly don't know as much about football as you think you do.
I'm with you, Chris. He's more of a complete player than Ford. I just think we haven't seen all the things he brings to the table yet. It's not all about sacks, which I think he'll get as the season progresses. This is a new D that will take some time to gel.
oldman is too fat/Omaha.oldman is too fat/Omaha.oldman is too fat/Omaha.oldman is too fat/Omaha.oldman is too fat/Omaha.oldman is too fat/Omaha.oldman is too fat/Omaha.oldman is too fat/Omaha.oldman is too fat/Omaha.oldman is too fat/Omaha.oldman is too fat/Omaha.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote