Thread: Computers Video Card chat
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2020, 12:00 PM   #15
The Demon Preacher

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd1020 View Post
If you are looking to keep your computer around for another 3-4 years then you shouldnt even be thinking about RT if your current CPU cant even handle midrange GPUs.

I'm still rocking a 1070ti at 1080p and dont feel any need to upgrade. I'm still getting 100+ FPS in most everything I play because I always change the settings so that the most ridiculous graphics that you dont notice aren't eating away at performance.
My CPU will handle a 2060 (or a 5600XT). That is the most it will handle though. Is that not a mid-range GPU or has the paradigm shifted once the 6l/30 series was released?

I'm basically shopping for this current build's last ever video card. I'm gonna OC my 4770K (3.5GHz) to match a 4790K (4.0 GHz) and OC the memory (unknown specs on that as of yet) to give this build one last contract in it's HOF career.

I didn't feel the need to upgrade from my RX 570 / 24" 1080p monitor as much as we needed another monitor in the house so I went ahead and bought something that would be as future proof as I could afford. Now I'm trying to drive it as effectively as possible under the circumstances.
Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.