Thread: Other Sports The Fishing Thread
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2020, 08:44 PM   #2749
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. tegu View Post
I’m definitely wanting to do fly fishing in places like what you’ve posted in the mountains and valleys. I love getting in the water so no lake fishing. I’d probably do that up north if anything. I’ve fished Rocky Mountain National Park and really had to hike to get to good spots but those areas aren’t for camping and of course the fish are much smaller. But those were also just fishing while out there, not really fishing trips.

So in those pictures you posted are those guided? I’m certainly capable of managing on my own once in the general area so I don’t really feel like I need a guide, but is a guide more common? If I’m wanting to do a few day camping trip I assume that’s more on your own.
All kinds of opportunities just read up on an area and go. I’ve never done a guided service but I think they would put you on fish quicker then on your own.
Anytime I fish new waters I stop at visitor centers 1st and fly shops 2nd.
Visitor Centers are staffed by local volunteers and if they don’t know info they will call their Uncle to find out or their Uncle will come to talk with you.
Big Waters often do require drift boats or limited wading.
Part of the big adventure for me is the unknown, hence why I don’t do guides.
When you fished RMNP were you in the park or in Estes fishing the Big Thompson? Park fishing is subpar IMO.
Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.