Thread: Mock 02/10/2020
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2020, 09:31 PM   #3
MVP

I agree that I would love the idea of keeping Watkins and I think he will jump on an extension and restructure. Where the numbers are may be +/- a million or so per year in my opinion. Most good #2's are in that $9m per range which is what the extension is. If he wants more than a 2-year $21m extension and move that salary to a bonus, then I'd cut bait. He's not worth that much and I think you could find adequate replacement. You might just change up what you do and go for a splash in FA at another position and grab a WR higher in the draft.

Depends alot on the market. If Fuller gets a starter offer, he could make more. As it stands he's a #3 CB and not too many teams pay more than 3-4m per for one. It's not important that the player is Fuller, necessarily. I think Veach can find a guy in that 2-3 range again.

As for Pennel, I don't see it. He's a rotational #3/4 DT and would make $910k on a vet min deal with maxed bonus. Not many DTs making over $1m per unless they are an every-down starter. Let's not forget he was going to be bagging groceries before the Chiefs pulled him in. His ceiling for me is $1.5m per, which really doesn't make or break the cap and I just don't see a team offering that.
kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.