View Single Post
Old 11-17-2002, 09:11 PM   #85

Has Trent been great? No he definitely has not. I'm still fairly happy with him though, because he is making the key plays. He hasn't been able to carry the team with his arm, but he's helped us out at least, especially in the clutch. If he hasn't performed well late in games, I'd probably be more weary about him, but as long as we keep it close he's done a good job.

The Cleveland win, he was solid, and he made a great play to actually pitch the ball to Tait which allowed us to actually be in FG range after the helmet toss. I think that little bit of creativity gets overlooked in the whole "helmet toss" debacle. Yeah Rudd was a moron, but without Green and Tait's thinking, we don't win that game.

The Miami game, he was great. I don't even think I have to go into details here.

Today, he wasn't spectacular, had a solid first drive, but that's about it. But in the 4th, when the chips were down, he made a couple real gutsy plays. One put us ahead and the other iced the game.

That's 3 of our 5 wins right there. As long as Priest and the D can keep it together, I truly believe Green's good enough to help us finish it off... and right now I think that's good enough. It's a lot better than last year... and he's not had an INT in 3 of his last 4 games now... so I don't think he's that far from the "Trent Dilfer" level that some people wanted him to play at.
tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.