View Single Post
Old 05-19-2022, 05:28 PM   #176
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato View Post
I coached children for 7 years. This is a really common thing, nothing to be ashamed of or whatever some of these guys are giving you crap for. But it's also important to remember that as a parent you are incredibly vested in your child's participation, performance, and treatment. It's important to remember that there are a lot of kids on the team each with their own levels of skill, motivation, competitiveness, etc and the coach is doing his best to nourish each child's development to the best of their ability. 22 yr old is a kid himself and its tough to have high expectations of someone that age, but I love how dedicated you are to helping your boy advance his skill set!
Great post. All I ask from any coach is to give every kid a fair look. I understand some kids are better than others and you would hope that would be the reason they are on the field more. But in our case I think our "favored player" gets the favor because he is the son of the team Admin. The Admin is a volunteer position so maybe he feels he needs to play her kid as a thank you or something. Don't get me wrong, the kid isn't terrible but I know when they break out for skill drills and he is with my son, my son is showing him how to do even the most basic of skills.

I will never try to buy my kid's way or suck up to a coach, which I think the Admin does but that is what it is. All I want is the coach to be fair to the team, give each kid honest looks and be honest with the players. And most of all, be a good example. Our coach has a bad habit of talking a lot of shit but never following through with any of it.
petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.