Thread: Movies and TV Netflix: The Witcher
View Single Post
Old 12-20-2019, 09:12 PM   #52
oxymoron

I skimmed a few reviews for shits and giggles to try and figure out where the critic/viewer disconnect lies, and it looks like it's a bunch of younger critics who aren't fans of genre complaining that the show is too long. One was, almost literally, 'I've never read the books or played the games, I hate all the fantasy exposition, there's too many characters, nothing is dumbed down so I can understand it, and I quit watching after a half hour.'

It boggles the mind. Viewer reviews, on the other hand, seem overwhelmingly positive.

Comparing this to the most recent show with similar subject matter, Carnival Row on Prime (which I enjoyed...) and The Witcher is far and away a better program in every conceivable way.

I do get, however, how the jumping around in the narrative could be confusing to some people, but it's really not that hard to tell what's happening when in the timeline of the show. But they definitely didn't dumb it down. Which is fine by me, it's nice to see a show respect the intelligence of its audience for a change.
keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote