View Single Post
Old 11-08-2021, 11:29 AM   #55
It's Five O'Clock Somewhere

I have a factory OEM cargo front container and big aftermarket rear cargo box on the back of my Polaris sportsman 1000. I bought them so I could pack a bunch of "what if" stuff. I have things like water proof fire starting stuff, an air compressor, tire plugs, saws, heavy duty tow straps, a good first aid kit, a GPS personal location beacon, so in the event something catastrophic were to happen, I can immediately signal for help, ect.

Hondo used to give me a hard time about having so much in my cargo boxes. He would say "Do you think you have enough shit in there?" I think he thought it was taking up valuable space, that could have been utilized for more important items, like cold beer. That went on until one day about 10 miles back from the nearest road on top of a mountain, he got a flat.

He ended up having to use my compressor, some tire plugs and a can of slime to get the tire back up to speed. When he was done I looked at him with a shit eating grin and said, boy that would have been a long walk. He looked back at me and just smiled and I never got a hard time about what I packed in my cargo boxes again. In fact, I noticed he started packing a lot more "what if" items in his cargo box.

One thing I loved about Hondo, was the fact he was only one of two people I trusted in the mountains, in the event we ran head on into a pissed of charging grizzly bear.

I knew that if it came down to it, he would have died for me and I would have done the same for him. He had the heart of a lion. One thing I had no doubt about, we were both either going to get killed off by the bear, or the bear was going to be a rug. I really liked our odds to be honest and it was a great feeling knowing I was with someone who had my back.

Last edited by Bwana; 11-09-2021 at 03:33 AM..
Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 20 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote