View Single Post
Old 03-01-2020, 03:42 PM   #258
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megatron96 View Post
I have to chuckle a bit at people that don't always have at least a few weeks of food in their homes at all times. Maybe it's from my Korean upbringing, but there's always a few months of food in the house. Most of it is pickled as various forms of kim-chi, salted meats, dried meats and vegetables, etc. and if I had to hole up in the house would last at a minimum 3-4 months. And that would be eating normally, three full meals a day. If I decided to ration the stuff I could probably make what I have right now last 8 months? 9?

Water would be a different story, as I don't hoard water, but I do take water to the gym 4 days a week, so every spring I buy 4 cases of bottled water, and reuse the bottles all year until the following spring. There's the water in the hot water tank and I have a hot tub I could pump out and replace with potable water if necessary. Just guessing, but that's probably at least a month or more of drinking water for two.

The house has solar panels (in AZ you're kinda stupid if you don't have these things) and I have a propane-fired generator that I actually use on hunting/camping trips I could use for power if I had to.

So when I hear about people panic buying just to get a couple weeks worth of food and water into their homes, I just find that hilarious.

But I don't think there's any point in panicking right now and hoarding a bunch of stuff. There's what? 3 cases of this virus in the U.S. right now? Chances are better than good that this goes away just like the bird flu . ..

Those are rookie numbers. I find it hilarious that you think you’re prepared... For anything. Other than delaying your eventual demise by a fraction.
Cheater5 threw an interception on a screen pass.Cheater5 threw an interception on a screen pass.Cheater5 threw an interception on a screen pass.Cheater5 threw an interception on a screen pass.Cheater5 threw an interception on a screen pass.Cheater5 threw an interception on a screen pass.Cheater5 threw an interception on a screen pass.Cheater5 threw an interception on a screen pass.Cheater5 threw an interception on a screen pass.Cheater5 threw an interception on a screen pass.Cheater5 threw an interception on a screen pass.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote