View Single Post
Old 08-15-2022, 09:50 PM   #112
Gonna go back in time....

I was lucky enough to work at Meiners Grocery store in Brookside during Len's Inside the nfl run. He still lived on Ward Parkway then. I would always pepper him with questions about who he thought would win such and such game. Chiefs were in the middle of the marty years but he wasn't a homer. Dallas was doing their thing and before that Washington had won with Doug Williams. He basically said until K.C. drafted a legit quarterback in the first round it was always going to be someone else. Even when Montana showed up. He'd always say the NFC is going to take it. He was always super nice and honest. Never let me carry his groceries out, even if he had a lot. Probably talked to him a dozen or more times in three years. Even then you could sense the physical impact that era of football left on him. Physically and mentally. That was 30 years ago.
bringbackmarty would the whole thing.bringbackmarty would the whole thing.bringbackmarty would the whole thing.bringbackmarty would the whole thing.bringbackmarty would the whole thing.bringbackmarty would the whole thing.bringbackmarty would the whole thing.bringbackmarty would the whole thing.bringbackmarty would the whole thing.bringbackmarty would the whole thing.bringbackmarty would the whole thing.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote