View Single Post
Old 08-21-2015, 11:46 AM   #161
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donger View Post
Correct, I hadn't completely read up on the situation:

Prices are expected to continue to rise in the short term, as BP’s refinery in Whiting, Indiana — the largest in the Midwest and seventh-largest in the nation — wrestles with “unscheduled repair work” that shut down the biggest of its three crude distillation units Aug. 8.

So, you are asserting that BP decided to intentionally shutdown the biggest of its three DUs in order to raise prices of the gasoline, correct? In essence, willingly remove more than one third of its refining capacity, as well.
I'm saying that with the oil industry crying over lower oil prices, it' a remarkable coincidence that these "unexpected repairs" come about right at the beginning of yet another sell off in oil that is taking prices to multi-year lows....

I'm sure when BP reports their record profits, this won't be brought up
petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.