View Single Post
Old 10-08-2020, 07:36 PM   #24
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

Quote:
Originally Posted by kccrow View Post
Thoughts on this?

1. LB Nick Bolton, Missouri (6'0" 230)
The Chiefs linebackers are abysmal and need an injection of speed and talent. Bolton has both and can man any of the 3 spots. An addition of Bolton to a learning Willie Gay would pay dividends in the athlete category, and hopefully the performance category.

2. WR Marquez Stevenson, Houston (6'0" 190)
Needs at WR are pressing heading into 2021. The Chiefs have used day 2 picks religiously to fill the position and I don't see that changing. With Watkins and DRob likely out, KC will need to replace that production and should look for a guy that can take over an outside spot sooner than later. Stevenson has speed for days and brings much of the skill set Watkins leaves behind.
Previous: OG Royce Newman, Ole Miss (removed)

3. OC James Empey, BYU (6'4" 300)
There may not be a better center in the country overall but Empey gets no love being from a lesser program. He's the best pass blocking center out there and we all know Reid will keep an eye on BYU players.

4. DE Rashad Weaver, Pittsburgh (6'5" 270)
Weaver looked like a rising star in 2018 with 6.5 sacks and 16 tackles for a loss but his 2019 was over in training camp. He's looked good so far in his return to the field with 3.5 sacks in 3 games, including a game-wrecker performance against Syracuse. He could rise if he continues this trend.
Previous: WR Kadarius Toney, Florida (removed)

4 (Comp). CB Nick McCloud, Notre Dame/NC State (6'1" 190)
The CB room will continue to need additions again in 2021 with Breeland becoming a FA and Ward likely coming back on a 1-year tender. McCloud was a team captain at NC State before grad-transferring to ND. He's a long press corner with fluid, clean footwork for a longer corner and is good in off-coverage showing adequate burst to close and crowd the catch radius.

5. OG/C Derek Kerstetter, Texas (6'5" 310)
Kerstetter is an athletic player that has played primarily at RT but has seen starts at OG and OC during his tenure and is set to be Texas' starting center for 2020. His versatility is a huge plus and, for what it's worth, he was PFF's top Power-5 player in pass blocking in 2019.
Previous: Brady Breeze (down one pick)

5 (Comp). FS Brady Breeze, Oregon (6'0" 198)
Losing Dirty Dan will mean replacing him and Breeze brings alot of similar attributes and is just a solid football player. He hits hard for his size, he's pretty quick, and he gets his hands on footballs to create plays.
Previous: Malik Fisher (removed)

6. LB Jacquez Williams, Wake Forest (6'2" 220)
I think at this juncture you're looking for guys that can play special teams and provide some depth, and the Chiefs will need it at LB. Williams is pretty quick and can man the weak side in the NFL, but he's going to need to gain some mass to take on NFL blockers. That said, he's shown some ability to make plays and be reliable in pass coverage.

7. TE Nick Muse, South Carolina (6'4" 240)
The Chiefs always seem to be lacking in the TE department, so why not take a flier on a guy that has flashed some playmaking ability and attitude in Muse. He could be a nice sleeper pickup.

QB: P. Mahomes, J. Ta'amu
RB: C. Edwards-Helaire, D. Williams, D. Thompson
FB: A. Sherman

WR: T. Hill, M. Hardman, B. Pringle, M. Stevenson, M. Ffrench, J. Forston
TE: T. Kelce, N. Keizer, N. Muse

LT: E. Fisher
LG: K. Osemele, M. Rankin
OC: J. Empey, N. Allegretti
RG: Y. Durant, D. Kerstetter
RT: M. Schwartz, L. Niang

DE: F. Clark, D. Harris
DT: C. Jones, T. Wharton
DT: D. Nnadi, K. Saunders, M. Pennel
DE: R. Weaver, M. Danna, T. Ward

SLB: W. Gay, D. Harris
ILB: A. Hitchens, J. Williams
WLB: N. Bolton, D. O'Daniel

CB: C. Ward, L. Sneed, R. Fenton, N. McCloud, T. Keyes
S: T. Mathieu, J. Thornhill, B. Breeze, A. Watts, R. Clemons

K: Butker
P: Townsend
LS: Winchester

I like it. I don’t know much about Stevenson but think that round will be a good spot to grab a WR.

Bolton and Gay could be a really dynamic duo at LB and give the Chiefs a great deal of versatility. I’m not sure Bolton will year out as a physical freak like Veach likes, but the guy can play.

Rest of it looks good to me.
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.