Thread: Movies and TV Star Trek: Strange New Worlds
View Single Post
Old 06-29-2023, 11:46 PM   #191
Here We Go Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frazod View Post
Watched the latest episode. Another save the present by un****ing the past deal. Definitely a mixed bag, not nearly as good as the first two. The good was strong performances from the actors who play Kirk and Noonien-Singh. The bad was a silly, ham-fisted story with gaping plot holes that also really seemed to take a hard shit on some established canon. Perhaps a second viewing would clear things up a bit, but in this case I think it would only serve to piss me off.

Anyway, I guess they can't all be great.
I felt this way to start the show, but IMHO it really played out incredibly well. It may be in part to my having read the Time War series by Simon Hawke as a kid. So the episode really fit nicely into that series and was a bit like getting one of those novels in TV form.

The performances of the actors was amazing and despite my not wanting to like the episode once I realized where it was going, it turned out amazing.
lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.