View Single Post
Old 02-25-2020, 02:50 PM   #27198
World's Best Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla View Post
What good would surgery have done?
I had a fat pad impingement (also called Hoffa’s syndrome) develop after a dislocated knee cap. Essentially the padding of my knee is pinched between the bones in my knee. Since there’s a lot of nerve endings in fat pad, it causes a lot of pain at night after a day of movement continues to pinch it every time I move.

One of my college friends is on a scholarship to be a soccer player and had surgery to “trim the fat pad” and said it was pretty routine (usually when surgery’s like this are done it’s described as “cleaning up” the knee). But for me, my doctors basically said that since I’m not an athlete or working in physical labor, that they highly recommend I not get surgery, since there can be complications with the scar tissue that forms after it.

A fat pad impingement is really the only thing I could think of when asked about any long term health impacts of Patrick’s dislocation. It sounds like it’d be a routine surgery if necessary, but if Patrick is kicking ass and feeling fine - it seems like surgery wouldn’t be worth the risk anyways.

Last edited by Chiefspants; 02-26-2020 at 06:30 PM..
Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.