View Single Post
Old 02-20-2024, 01:16 PM   #997
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kccrow View Post
I think a big thing is picking where we pick matters.

Finding a competent LT at the bottom of 1 or later was a 3-year exercise. Not easy and it took Raimann a couple of seasons to develop to boot. I chose not to trade for Orlando Brown Jr so I did it to myself and it proved to be harder than at first glance.

The other lesson I learned as recently as this past season was that taking DTs in round 1 is a pretty futile exercise. I've blown a few high picks on them now and it just isn't worth it. Take DTs in round 2 or later IMO.

Some positions I've found good players all over the draft like CB, S, and RB so I think you just pick the guy you like in the right spot when it presents itself and maybe not force anything there.

I haven't put much for resources into WR since I drafted Boyd 8 years ago in the high 2nd. Mostly 4th-7th round picks. Some have been fine like Gabe Davis. Others, not so much haha. Probably high time to start spending real resources there.
I've found that as well. The Chiefs have seldom had a high pick in the 10+ years I've been doing this, and that makes some positions (QB and LT in particular) really hard to obtain. That's why I jumped on the Orlando Brown trade.

I'm going to be completely screwed when Russell Wilson retires, because that will mean that I'll have to find a franchise quarterback in the second round or later, and the Chiefs aren't going to be signing any big-name free agents at quarterback.
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.