Thread: Movies and TV MCU Phase 4 Trailer
View Single Post
Old 05-17-2021, 08:53 PM   #45
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valiant View Post
Jackman while great. Ruined the franchise. Every movie became about him. Storm, Cyclops and the others all became shit characters so they could put Jackman's Logan to the forefront. Wolverine should be treated like Hawkeye.
I wouldn't sideline him quite as much as Hawkeye, but yeah. Fox could never get past the idea that X-Men was about Wolverine, and Xavier vs Magneto. There's no reason Magneto needs to be in every movie. And they wasted so many characters, just in general. Big ones they could have done more with like Storm and Cyclops to be sure, but also smaller characters they just pissed away in half-ass cameos. Psylocke. Gambit. Even Deadpool, before they fixed it.

Quote:
X-Men is about the team. All are legendary. Endgame type of movie should be how they start.
I agree with the first part, but I don't think you can jump into something like Endgame. So much of what works in that movie depends on everything that came before. The impact of seeing 40 superheroes team up in the end isn't the same if you didn't have the history with them. But I do think you could build up to another Endgame-level event with the just the X-Men. The bench of characters is that deep.
Jamie would the whole thing.Jamie would the whole thing.Jamie would the whole thing.Jamie would the whole thing.Jamie would the whole thing.Jamie would the whole thing.Jamie would the whole thing.Jamie would the whole thing.Jamie would the whole thing.Jamie would the whole thing.Jamie would the whole thing.