Thread: Movies and TV Jack Reacher
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2024, 12:53 PM   #122
New and Improved

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
Biggest complaint I have is that Reacher has 'God Mode' turned on. He's never wrong. He's never injured.

Everybody saying "Hey, Swan's dirty" and Reacher won't admit it. So you KNOW he isn't. It's just a matter of giving us the 'twist' that proves that Reacher was right all along.

I don't mind a damn competent protagonist but the problem with Reacher's infallibility is that it becomes a Chekov's Gun of sorts. His unwavering belief in Swan gives the story away because you know he's going to be proven right in the end.
I agree. It happens way too often. Too many of the people who make these things think 'if a little bit does a little good then a lot of it has to do a lot of good' and it sucks.

I'll watch the rest of this season but I doubt I'll invest much time in any more of it.
stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.