View Single Post
Old 02-12-2020, 11:58 AM   #220
left blank intentionally

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy 6 View Post
My son got me Jimi Hendrix Are You Experienced, and Sturgill Simpson’s Metamodern Sounds in Country Music on vinyl for Christmas... so that’s what I’ve been spinning

There’s just nothing quite like vinyl, for lack of a better term the music just “breathes easier”... there’s an airy, full sound to it that’s missing from digital
It's got nothing to do with the format, other than music on vinyl is simply mastered better than digital, usually. There's some good sounding digital, but since the late 90s the emphasis has been on loud mastering with goosed bass and treble. Most of the time vinyl just sounds better because it doesn't have that wonky EQ with ear-bleedy digital clipping that digital has had since about 1998 or so.

Beware of the dreaded "REMASTERED" bullshit on CDs, too. Rarely, if ever, makes an improvement.

Read this about the "Loudness Wars" : https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loudness_war

Last edited by rabblerouser; 02-12-2020 at 12:05 PM..
rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.