View Single Post
Old 04-28-2024, 04:32 AM   #9
Feeling Victorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat View Post
After the MLB strike in 1994. That pissed a lot of people off that never came back.
I would have to go with this. Plus the Royals were pretty good that year and were making a push at the moment in the AL Central. They were like 2-3 games back. And then play stopped. God did that piss me off!! Baseball died inside of me because of that. I've never really cared about it the same since. Not even during the Royals WS years. I watched but my heart really hasn't been with them since 94. And I really used to be a die hard Royals fan. I grew up with the memories of sitting out on the front porch at my Grandparents house in KC with my Grandpa during the summer. Listening to the Royals games on his portable radio that could pick up every band there was including shortwave. He let me drink beer with him I'm 15-16 ect. We sat there and listened to the Royals and drank Hamns beer and shot the shit. A lot of times my Dad and older bros and Uncles were there also. It was great times and great Royals memories too.
This would have been early to mid 70's

Last edited by alanm; 04-28-2024 at 04:41 AM..
alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 7 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote