Thread: Electronics Anyone Doing 3D Printing?
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2023, 12:26 AM   #12
Back again, again.

Yep. I bought a Creality 5 S 1 a few months ago. It's not only fun but really good for little things around the house: Latches, organizers, decor, and of course toys.

The standard PLA plastic is not sturdy. It print quickly and is cheap and available, but it softens in heat and will just snap without too much convincing. I also bought some PETG and use that sometimes; it solves a lot of those problems with tends to clog up my nozzle.

I also bought some TPU which is apparently super durable but can have some sponginess to it; I haven't tried it yet because it can absorb moisture over time so I may have to pop it in the oven (!) if it has been sitting out for a while, and I'm not there yet. I'd also have to learn a bunch new settings. I'll get there.

What I'd really like to do is scan items into 3d and use the printer to output replicas. That can have huge implications like to replace old out-of-use car parts that would otherwise require a whole machine shop. Or, scan big items like public statues or buildings. That's all a ways away, though.

In the meantime, I can make all the model railroad buildings and Van Halen keyring ornaments I can handle.
Aries Walker has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Aries Walker has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Aries Walker has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Aries Walker has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Aries Walker has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Aries Walker has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Aries Walker has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Aries Walker has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Aries Walker has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Aries Walker has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Aries Walker has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.