View Single Post
Old 05-26-2020, 09:11 AM   #15159
Ultrabanned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCUnited View Post
Good call on the rib meat. I've had some really good crab poppers as well. Gives them a crab rangoon thing going on.

I'd planned to try some cut up pineapple in them for that sweet/heat combo but ultimately said **** it. Between prepping the jalapenos, mixing anything with a cream cheese base, filling, and wrapping with bacon, poppers are a labor of love. They're really the only thing I get annoyed by if people skip over or don't rave about at gatherings.
Yeah I made a batch to take over to my buddy's last year with the rib meat. Laborious shit. He's only got a gas grill and I apparently have completely forgotten how to cook on gas now that I'm team charcoal.

I was fairly drunk already but I cranked the heat up on one side and thought I'd give them a couple minutes then move them over for indirect cooking. Wrong. Must have had a flare up from the bacon and by the time I wandered back over to check them out I'd completely scorched every pepper except maybe two. Like incinerated them. I had a tray of 20 of those ****ers and they were all trash.

I was heartbroken. And angry at the propane gods for doing me like that. Next time I'll just cook them at home and warm them up when I get there.
Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote