Thread: Food and Drink Any Bourbon drinkers out there?
View Single Post
Old 04-15-2022, 06:40 PM   #2820
Fight, build, win!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat View Post
Heh, I drink almost all of my bourbon neat precisely because I don't want to water it down... there's one place in town that uses 1 huge clear ice cube, and it's still 1 huge clear ice cube when I'm done nursing it.

If I could get to that point, I'd at least use them in Old Fashioneds and such.
It probably involves a super cold freezer for deep freezing perishables. Still, once room temp bourbon hits ice melting begins. Cask strength liquor 120 proof and above will kill your liver if you drank it all the time. High-proof long-aged bourbon usually gets cut with a splash of water and it takes very little to bring the ABV down. Those spoons for water are like a half teaspoon to bring the alcohol down in a Glencairn glass. I would think your clear ice is melting that much.
srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.