Thread: Movies and TV New Star Wars TV & Film Repository
View Single Post
Old 05-21-2021, 02:42 PM   #163
Supporter

My concern with all of these new Star Wars TV series is that they're trying too hard to compete with Marvel in terms of volume and I'm just not sure there are many stories left to tell.

I watched the sequel trilogy this week while on the treadmill and while I don't absolutely love it, it makes more sense now with The Mandalorian, Bad Batch and the Marvel Darth Vader comics. The story behind Palpatine's clones is shaping up on The Bad Batch and The Mando while the comics have already shown Palpatine's contingency plan, with the Sith beginning to create the Final Order Fleet just shortly after he declared himself Emperor.

It just feels to me that if they're going to move forward with Star Wars, the next movies and TV series should be set in a completely different era, whether that's the past or the future. To me, it's just getting to the point where I don't need absolutely everything filled in and explained anymore. We know how the Empire began and ended, we know how the First Order began and ended, and we the know the fate of Han, Luke, Leia, Yoda, Obi-Wan, Anakin, Padme and Palpatine.

How much more do we need to know? What interesting stories are left to tell at this point? It just feels to me as if it's time to move on to another era.
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.