View Single Post
Old 12-20-2015, 06:04 PM   #834
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! View Post
I'd put sous vide up any time, anywhere, but I wasn't suggesting some special tool like your Flavorizer that most people don't have.

In any case, for fish like tilapia, convection and baking are pretty much the same thing. Convection doesn't give you any noticeable difference with something as thin as tilapia fillets.

En papillote (steamed in a parchment packet) is delicious, too, with some aromatics in the pouch.
1. It's a flavor wave.
2. It's no more a 'special tool' than a steamer or a hot plate.
3. They sell off-brand models new as cheap as $40 at Aldis.
3. I have convection in my microwave and stove as well, the Flavorwave is just the one I've had the longest and the easiest to maintain/clean.
4. The convection action gives you a crisper surface than am oven, without all the attention and danger of burning/drying on the stovetop.
5. Sous vide is fine for a delicate fish with delicate flavors, lemon pepper and the like. You would get similar results in a steamer. But cajun you want a crisped surface you can't get in sous vide, unless you finish with a pan sear.
Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.