View Single Post
Old 05-19-2022, 09:19 AM   #124
Supporter

When I've coached younger age groups, I've had 3 rules that I tell the kids and make them repeat at practices or before games.
1. have fun
2. do your best-try as hard as you can
3. If you do 1 and 2, good things will happen.

Some of the things above are not age appropriate, and that stuff is problematic.

I'm still on the fence about the value of the "highly competitive" travel stuff for kids under 10. It puts a lot of pressure on these kids and probably takes the fun out of it....and we wonder why there is such a drop off in participation when the kids get to the age to compete for their schools.
Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.