View Single Post
Old 10-08-2021, 10:55 PM   #149
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rausch View Post
A lot of people tapped out when Heisenberg died. I was really disappointed myself knowing Kick-Ass was going to carry the movie from that point.

And I thought GVK was perfect at keeping the action/excitement up. If you hated the plot or B plot I don't blame you. If you hated the leads I don't blame you.
The choices for the top actor slots were Godawful. They had Watanabe and Hawkins, two people who are more than talented enough to have been the human centers of a Godzilla movie. Instead, they went with a quartet of actors (Johnson, Farmiga, Bown, Chandler) who shouldn't have been allowed with 20 miles of even reading for those roles.

Quote:
I can't understand the "lack of action" gripe though.
I'm not really sure what you mean with this.

Quote:
I guess I'm saying quit "trying" to make a blockbuster and just have fun. Enjoy the genre...
Exactly. Modern Hollywood kills this sort of fantasy genre by using a terrible combination of "We're going to make this story universe fit into the real world of today" with "We're going to keep the insane plot points of the story universe, and put the kinds of twists on them that make them our own.

Then they end up combining a terrible version of the Destoroyah story line with a terrible version of the Xillien story line (minus the aliens), yet keeping the idea that Ghidorah comes from space, and ****ing everything up 6 ways from Sunday.
Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote