View Single Post
Old 02-22-2023, 01:11 PM   #41
__

I think, given the cap problems we're now suddenly having because of the Super Bowl win, I'm changing my tune. The Chiefs are going to have to keep all 12 of their picks.

I also think, given revelations that they tried to trade for Jameson Williams and AJ Brown, that they're committed to going WR first in this draft.

Here's the draft I end up with:
31. WR Tyler Scott, Cincinnati -- the Chiefs need a true Z

63. DE Andre Carter II, Army -- going to need a year of Cullen/Clark tutelage

95. OT Blake Freeland, BYU -- a right tackle the team needs, will compete with Niang

122. OG/C Luke Wypler, Ohio State -- OL depth, insurance in case Trey Smith comes in too high next offseason

134. RB Eric Gray, Oklahoma -- a great complement for Pacheco, badly needed depth at RB

168. QB Jaren Hall, BYU -- Andy Reid's favorite program

197. DE Habakkuk Baldonado, Pittsburgh -- was the best DE of the East-West Shrine game

217. DT Keondre Coburn, Texas -- stood out at the Senior Bowl

219. S Brandon Hill, Pittsburgh
227. LB Shaka Heyward, Duke
251. CB Myles Brooks, Louisiana Tech
257. DT Brodric Martin, Western Kentucky
The roster, in my mind's eye:

QB: Mahomes, Buechele, Hall
RB: Pacheco, McKinnon, Gray, Ealy
FB: some dude

WR: Toney, Scott, Valdez-Scantling, Moore, Hardman, Watson
TE: Kelce, Gray, Fortson, Bell

LT: Brown, Niang
LG: Thuney, Wypler
C: Humprey, Wypler
RG: Smith, Kinnard
RT: Niang vs. Freeland

DE: Clark, Carter, Baldonado
DT: Jones, Wharton
DT: Williams, Coburn, Martin
DE: Karlaftis, Danna

WLB: Gay, Heyward
MLB: Bolton, Chenal
SLB: Chenal, Cochrane

CB: Sneed, McDuffie, Watson, Williams, Johnson, Brooks
S: Reid, Cook, Bush, Hill

K: Butker
P: Townsend
LS: Winchester
Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.