View Single Post
Old 03-30-2024, 12:37 AM   #298
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho View Post
I think that’s a function of the depth and quality at each position.

There are several WRs who could be available at 32 or in reasonable move-up range for the Chiefs.

To get a Lt you feel really good about, you might have to go into the teens - and that costs a LOT more to do.

I mean, if Fauntanu goes to the Saints at 14 because they like him at LT, are you trading into the teens to ensure you get Morgan or possibly even Suamataia? Because those are the next two names at LT then…

Paying more to get a more risky player is tough to swallow when WR is just as big of a long-term need.
This is pretty much my take. If we don't get someone in FA then I'm probably going to expect, and accept, us moving up a fair bit and taking a LT. The reason it's not my preferred approach is I think the LT class isn't as good as the WR one, and there's a higher chance we more up for a developmental LT who's ultimately a dud, and then also missing out on impactful WRs even with the depth at that position, especially if we used our 2nd to go up.
JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote