Thread: Movies and TV CBS: Star Trek
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2021, 01:33 PM   #723
MVP

I guess I'm the outlier here. I like both Star Trek Discovery and Star Trek Picard.

Not every episode is great. But some are.

Not every character is great. A few are downright annoying. I never liked Captain/Emperor Georgiou on Discovery, and I'm not a fan of Tilly. I get tired of Saru as well.

But some characters are good. I thought Jason Isaacs gave an inspired performance as Captain Lorca in Season 1. It really pissed me off when they revealed that he was from the Mirror Universe and was just a cartoonish bad guy instead of a complex character. I also think Stammets and Culber are great characters.

The first time I watched Star Trek Picard I wasn't impressed. But when I re-watched it recently I thought it was great. I don't know what was different the second time around. I think I just paid more attention the second time, and I really got into the season-long plot arc.

I have high hopes for Strange New Worlds, especially since they announced it will be more episodic rather than one long continuous arc.
Lex Luthor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lex Luthor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lex Luthor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lex Luthor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lex Luthor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lex Luthor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lex Luthor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lex Luthor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lex Luthor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lex Luthor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lex Luthor is obviously part of the inner Circle.