Thread: Football Justin Herbert or Mahomes?
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2023, 11:43 PM   #331
World's Best Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefspants View Post
Despite Rivers and the Chargers always having massive pre-season expectations, they never seemed to live up to their potential. Failing in the clutch is an overused narrative in sports, but it followed Rivers throughout his career and he always seemed to unravel at the worst times. At the moment, Herbert is waiting to step out of that shadow.

Chargers fans are already saying that Herbert has broken them of where they were in the past, but I'm waiting to see that on field. I think Herbert and Young Sheldon are likely to be stout regular season foes, but at the moment they just feel a lot like the prime Rivers Chargers to me. Massive expectations going into the season, but can't make that translate into consistent dominance.

They better hope they're right in trusting Tom Telesco at GM. He is entering his 10th season and has 2(?) playoff wins to show for it. He has 10 draft picks, a whole lot of cap space and Herbert's rookie contract going into next season. He has a prime chance to load up, fix the team's issues 2019 KC style, and become an elite force for the next 3 seasons. This is Telesco's time to deliver. But if he squanders this chance, that would be the ultimate Chargers thing ever.
As far as my old takes go, this one he didn’t age half bad.
Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.