View Single Post
Old 05-17-2022, 01:51 PM   #125
MY LITTLE #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupDock View Post
Great write up. This is exactly why a lot of people benefit from trainers.
Greatest thing I learned from mine is that any limitations I had regarding my fitness goals were ones I put on myself.

One more long story...

It was during one of my sessions with him, and he had me do a 1000 m row at the end. He said he wanted me to do it in under 4 minutes. I told him there was no way I could do that. He said to try for 5 minutes then. I still thought that was stretching it. I got started. I closed my eyes and just focused on rowing. He watched the numbers and encouraged me. He could tell when I was slowing down and would tell me to push through. He told me when I would pass each 250 m, but never told me what my time was. His encouragement starting sounding a little more like excitement, so I opened my eyes to see where I was at. Mistake. I ended up rowing it in 4 mins and 4 secs. If I would have just kept concentrating, I think I would have done it. I was was still shocked. Also, it took me two more tries on my own before getting it under 4 mins.

Also, that the key is to set goals. A few secs less, a few more reps, 5 more pounds... I wasn't even paying attention to my weight after a certain point. Weight loss became a biproduct.
luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.