Thread: Music Red Dirt Juke Box
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2015, 10:41 AM   #27
Supporter

If you like female contributions, the Trisha's are talented. You'll hear some of those ladies doing the female parts on many red dirt duets.

Sturgil Simpson (also found in Sunday Valley on youtube)

Sturgil is a veteran. Some of his music you swear you are listening to Waylon Jennings. He has a very traditional, nasally sound. The thing that separates him from the others, besides his voice....is he's a very intelligent guy. He is big into hallucinogens and sings and talks alot about mind expansion, universe stuff....as well as shrooms, DMT and sensory deprivation chamber stuff.

My favorites from him:
Life Ain't Fair......the first song of his I heard and I was a fan in 20 seconds.
Medicine Springs
You can have the crown
Turtles all the way down.

The new album is pretty spacey and he swears you have to hear it on vinyl and high to get it......

He has a 2hr podcast with Joe Rogan that was pretty interesting, and has been getting mainstream play this past couple of months on Letterman and Late night shows.

Enjoy.

Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.Iowanian is obviously part of the inner Circle.