Thread: Music Megadeth > Metallica
View Single Post
Old 05-14-2021, 10:20 AM   #329
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detoxing View Post
Yeah i figured this response was coming. I don't get that technical with it nor am i going to pretend like i know either band's catalogs well enough to comment on it.

Music is an emotional experience for me. Like ive always said i need to be able to either:

Drive to it.

Play to it.

**** to it.

Smoke to it.

Chill to it.

If i can't do those things with it then it doesn't qualify.

I categorize these instrumentations as interchangeable to me because they both give the same vibes in the same sort of way. They both invoke the same emotion and the same imagery. To me at least.
Hmmm...let me see if I can frame it in your terms.

First I should note that music is an emotional experience for me too. But it's also an intellectual experience. If I want to listen to dark, untechnical sludge, I go listen to Sunn O or something. If I want to listen to something more musically stimulating, I might find some power metal like Narnia. I'm not strictly a technique snob, I do listen to a lot of dirt.

For me, Metallica operates in an in-between area that is neither emotionally nor intellectually stimulating enough to keep my interest.

By your criteria, I can drive, smoke, and chill to Metallica pre-AJFA. After that, I'd rather listen to fingernails on a chalkboard, especially when I smoke. There's no "vibe" to it. It sounds to me like a band that decided to change their entire persona to be more popular. Whereas, Megadeth actually took on a guitar virtuoso to move them in a more musically satisfying direction. Sometimes when I'm in that mood, I want to here complexity and nuance that a more dynamic music brings.

And finally, who ****s to Metallica or Megadeth? Are you sleeping with 16 year olds?
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.