View Single Post
Old 02-02-2021, 09:37 PM   #278
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kccrow View Post
Keeping it flat would be a rather large outlay. If you do that, then I think it's more likely that you're seeing another flat year thereafter. So, do you take the hit in one year or do you bank on growth over the 2019 figures immediately? At the rate we're going, we may still be seeing covid precautions affecting 2021. I hate being that conservative but I don't like projecting against anything right now.

My opinion, at this point, is to borrow 50% of normal cap growth, which would be about 3.5%, applied against the current cap figure of 198 million (yields approx 6.9 million) and add it to whatever cap figure they end up with. If it's projected at 176 million, then you end up at 183 million.
Quote:
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho View Post
I still see a lot of speculation they’ll borrow against 2022 to keep it mostly flat, which is what makes the most business sense when 1/2 the league is over the $175M mark.
From my understanding, it's all about the new Broadcast Rights Deals, which the NFL is currently negotiating.

If the networks and NFL can agree to new deals before the new league year begins in March, the cap will not go down in 2021 and any losses will be spread over a 3-5 year period, so that there is zero impact moving forward.

If the deals aren't completed, no one, not the NFLPA or NFL Front Office, has any idea what the cap implications will be for 2021.
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.