Thread: Left Tackles
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2024, 03:17 PM   #155
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAChief View Post
Overall prospects or left tackles?

He would likely be still a top 10 grade in this draft. Hard to account for a QB heavy top of the draft, but I think he would still be if not the top tackle he would be in the top 3.
I think he'd be in the mix with Fautanu as OT3.

That said - let's not forget that he went ahead of Lane Johnson and frankly was seen by most sources as a better prospect than Johnson.

If someone said "Hey, where would Lane Johnson go in this draft" we'd probably all say "eh, probably behind Alt but maybe ahead of Fashanu...."

And yet - consensus had Fisher as a better prospect than Johnson at the time.

It was a piss poor draft year. But I don't think we want to undersell Fisher because of it. In a lot of ways he profiles very similar athletically to Fashanu. He was raw, but as far as pure tools went, there was very little he didn't have. Long, athletic, powerful base. Typically a smart player but quality of competition left that an open question.

This wasn't a Tyson Jackson situation where we took a guy 3 who probably wouldn't have been a first rounder most years. Fish was a pretty outstanding prospect.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.