View Single Post
Old 10-04-2020, 08:02 PM   #15
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud View Post
But like I said, unless the Chiefs get incredibly lucky at #32, it's going to be next to impossible to replace Watson's skillset.

You've listed one guy in each of the past 3 entire drafts as examples, which means the odds are greatly stacked against the Chiefs in terms of getting an actual replacement for Watkins.

There aren't many WR's in the NFL with Watkins skillset and ability and I hope the Chiefs extend him for at least the next 2 years, if not three.
I'd love to see it. I agree 100% you aren't replacing Watkins' skillset in this draft. There are no receivers like that in this draft IMO. I think you can get alot of it from guys like Stevenson and Toney, but neither can block like Sammy can. I think the problem potentially lies with where the cap ends up. In this scenario, I'm expecting the Chiefs to be right around 200 million, which is a slight jump up from where we're currently at, but guys at OTC expected it to go down below 180 million, which would really **** the Chiefs hard.

The cap is also one of the reasons I didn't project re-signings across the O-line and instead the use of high end picks to get immediate starters there. Hopefully, we get better news on the cap. In my ideal world, I'm projecting Stevenson in the 2nd at WR and holding off on a guard until probably the 6th. That said, I'd put priority on protecting Pat over more weapons if things are as they seem right now.
kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.