Thread: Movies and TV The Boys (Amazon)
View Single Post
Old 09-02-2019, 10:34 PM   #55
SNAP THE ****ING BALL!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Lee View Post
As for the show at issue, The Boys. I just got started this past week. About 4 eps in so far.

It's a tad cynical for me, without the cleverness or any real twists to set it apart other than with the commitment to said cynicism.

It's one thing to explore 'what if superheros were less than perfect.'
It's another to hammer 'these superheroes exemplify the most crass and craven impulses set to high.'

We get it Garth . . . [Seth, Evan, Eric], humanity is a shitpile. Every smile masks an evil plan and every pleasantry masks a deep resentment.
I tend to agree with this, but like Preacher and Ennis' Punisher run, his writing is so entertaining and his characters so compelling that I don't mind the hamfisted POV. Kinda like Alan Moore. Rarely subtle with his themes, but his shit is just so fun and engrossing to read.
kysirsoze is obviously part of the inner Circle.kysirsoze is obviously part of the inner Circle.kysirsoze is obviously part of the inner Circle.kysirsoze is obviously part of the inner Circle.kysirsoze is obviously part of the inner Circle.kysirsoze is obviously part of the inner Circle.kysirsoze is obviously part of the inner Circle.kysirsoze is obviously part of the inner Circle.kysirsoze is obviously part of the inner Circle.kysirsoze is obviously part of the inner Circle.kysirsoze is obviously part of the inner Circle.