Thread: Movies and TV Stranger Things (Netflix)...
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2016, 11:15 PM   #95
Veteran

Really loved it. Everything that wasn't top shelf like some of the amateurish acting and even some of the writing was deeply charming in exactly the same way I recall the 80s themselves. I do not generally have 80s nostalgia at all. I was there. I didn't like much about it. Hated feathered hair. Hated the awful clothes and most of the popular music, and most shows don't go past that to depict the era. But recently we've had The Americans, Halt and Catch Fire, and now this that really bring it to life. This one touched on the American family's relationship to authority in a way that was very true to the era. Technology is at a precious stage and they nailed that too. My favorite parts of popular culture of the era were John Carpenter movies and The Clash. No surprise I dug the influences there. The most charming thing is the really extra details. Not just finding obvious stuff like coke commercials, but tiny details done absolutely perfectly like the damn pudding cans. I have not thought about pudding since the last time I peeled back the lid on one of those cans, but the label and the can itself were dead on. There are hundreds of those details in this. I can't wait to see another season, but I like it just the way it is, too.
underEJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliunderEJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliunderEJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliunderEJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliunderEJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliunderEJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliunderEJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliunderEJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliunderEJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliunderEJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliunderEJ 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli