View Single Post
Old 04-04-2020, 02:43 PM   #68
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldman View Post
I believe it's a combination of BPA and need. I'd be hard pressed to give a lot of praise to drafting a RB or WR in the 1st if there's a good LB or CB available. I think either of those positions can be filled in a later round, plus a defensive player would probably game ready sooner than a skill player in our offense. I'd even take a real OT (not a G that can play OT) before a RB. Fisher and Mitch aren't getting any younger.
And that would be awful use of valuable resources, especially for a team whose salary cap is very Top Heavy and needs to select great players, regardless of position, with their limited number of draft choices.

For example, a great GM won't choose the 10th best offensive lineman when the #4 WR or #2 RB in this class are available when the Chiefs make their selection.

You want to see better protection for Mahomes? Get him another highly skilled RB and WR in this draft.
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote