View Single Post
Old 01-12-2024, 09:30 PM   #98
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frazod View Post
It's funny - when it gets really cold up here in the Chicago area, I sometimes check to see what the temperature is in Juneau. Most of the time, Juneau is warmer. Sometimes significantly so.

I assume that will be the case tomorrow when the deep freeze hits.
Juneau is not really 'cold' by Alaska standards. It's notably farther South than Anchorage or even Fairbanks and its surrounded by water, which moderates the temp. Anchorage is typically notably colder than Juneau and Fairbanks is even colder. I've flown to Fairbanks a few times in January and getting ready to step out of the airport, you just steel yourself for those -45 temps.

Also, -10 and colder is BPC: butt-puckering cold. It's so cold that when you go outside, your butt puckers shut to make sure that no cold air comes in the back door.
frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.