View Single Post
Old 05-10-2021, 09:30 AM   #48
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by chop View Post
You can get plenty of smoke in your meat from a pellet smoker. I just did two pork butts and a brisket in my pellet smoker and they turned out great. I also have a stick burner. One thing you can do with a pellet smoker that you can’t do with a stick burner is to cook food over night. Throw your meat on the smoker at a temp of around 200 degrees and let it cook low and slow while you sleep. Turn the temp up when you wake up and the food is ready sooner. There’s fun in managing a fire then there are times you just want the food because you have other things to do also.
I smoked my first pork butt on there on the Saturday night before Easter for all my relatives who were coming the next day. I started smoking a 10lb butt at about 4pm but I only did it for about an hour. Needless to say, I was up at 3-3:30am taking the thing off the grill because it was done cooking. Lesson learned. Next time, I will do like you suggest and smoke for several hours and not actually start the cooking temp until right before bed.
Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.