View Single Post
Old 03-25-2019, 02:03 PM   #12
'Tis my eye!

There are a few guys that could be available in the 2nd that have CB1 potential, as unlikely as that may be. None of them are going to be CB1's day 1 but then again, that's exactly why they signed Breeland to a 1-year deal is to give them that flexibility.

I'm not suggesting you draft any of them at 29, so no, I'm not pushing them up. I've never advocated drafting any of them anywhere other than our 2nd round picks or after. And I've repeatedly stated I'm not interested in trading up.

I don't care really if they draft an interior lineman at 29. But to say this is a "bad draft for DB's" just simply isn't true. It's a bad draft if you need a true shutdown guy but the Chiefs don't. They need depth and competition with upside, at both CB and S.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanBusby View Post
Can't agree. I don't think the CB1 options are all that great in any round.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
There aren't any CB1s in the 2nd. There's 1 CB1 in the whole draft.

It's deep for complementary CBs but there's nobody in this draft with the ability to step in quickly and be a lock-down CB. The draft is deep there, yes, but there's just no top end at all. These guys we're calling great values in the 2nd round are in the 2nd round every year and oftentimes in the 3rd.

They're being pushed up because there's no top end and folks are looking at need ahead of prospect value.
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.