View Single Post
Old 01-25-2021, 08:21 AM   #77
MVP

Well, this thread became a lot more relevant in a hurry.

If it is a torn achilles (which it sounds like), then Fisher wouldn't even be able to play back to 'Fisher level' till 2022.

Niang coming back helps, but at this point we don't if he's anything more than a JAG or a guy that can actually hold down a starting T spot in the pros competently. IMO, they need to look to FA for a 'bargain' that they can maybe get on a short term deal and also draft one early.

Maybe they get lucky and Mitch comes back next year and is 100% but I'm not holding my breath. Those back injuries are bitches. Ruined John Alt's career. Likely Mitch is either done (as a premier tackle, anyway) or will retire. Fisher I would offer a team friendly extension too. I think he wants to stay and they might be able to get a 'bargain' for him now, due to the injury. He'll obviously be out for 2021, but assuming he progresses normally he should be back and ready to go strong for 2022. Yeah, it's a bit of a risk, but low cap # first year (next year) and then you'd still have him for under market value as the rest of the contract works out. If he's willing to do that, which I think he might be. I think he wants to spend his whole career here. He's mentioned something about it before and who wouldn't want to block for Mahomes knowing he gives you a chance to get to the Bowl every year. I think he stays.

We already needed to give some strong consideration to tackle this off-season. Now we're REALLY gonna have to devote some resources to it.

It is what it is.
TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote