View Single Post
Old 07-20-2023, 11:01 AM   #92
Greatest QB Duo of 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
I think that's completely fair.

I'll go back to what I said in the previous thread - right now the only 'miss' he has is Bazelak. And even then, he didn't recruit Bazelak (and frankly, I loved that kid; thought he was going to be great). And I guess Macon, but I think he knew more about Macon than we did. I saw him in the spring game and turned to my buddies and said "oh shit - this kid can't actually throw the football..."

I mean he just hasn't had better options than...meh. And the guys he tried to get in here through the transfer portal OVER Cook last year just didn't pan out.

I think we're jumping the gun in a BIG way on closing the book on Drink already. We've seen a lot of progress across the roster and the one thing to worry about is the QB position. But he CLEARLY recognizes the importance of it (just as Pinkel did and Odom did NOT). He's going to keep taking swings there and like MOST college programs, he'll have more misses than hits.

But it only takes one Lock. Or hell, even a Gabbert. And with a little patience I absolutely believe he can/will get that. And suddenly you have a pipeline you can start to build around a little stability at the position.
The 2 big transfer QBs I believe Mizzou was interested in that he missed out on were Jayden Daniels and J.T. Daniels. Jayden Daniels went to LSU while not being guaranteed to be the starter, but ended up being the #1. J.T. Daniels got a massive NIL deal at WVU, didn't do shit, and is now at Rice.

I do agree that the roster design and improvement is occurring or has been noticeable every where other than QB. And it's hard as ****, as I mentioned before, to get QB right. Especially now with the portal.

You can do far worse than Cook but your ceiling is limited.

Which is why I wouldn't give up him on yet as he's bringing in guys and improving the roster.

Not saying they beat LSU or Tennessee, but win 1 of those 2, mood changes a bit. Given the schedule, anything less than 6 wins would be a disappointment and 8 wins should lead to being content.
Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.